What's Happening in the Life of Andy Stein?

Hiiiiii,

Sorry I've been M.I.A. recently. I've been getting bogged down with feelings lately and I've been disappointed in myself that I haven't found a new job. Bleh.

Well, after TOO MANY interviews and possibilities and jobs dangled in front of my face and then taken away - I think I need a reset. I'm also semi-dramatic so I don't really need a break but since I have the time right now....I need a reset :) (read to the end to see why)

I haven't had a clear idea on what I want to do with my career going forward. As you've read before, I don't know if I want to get back in front of the TV. That doesn't mean I haven't been applying to tv stations because I have. I've actually made it to the final 3 at a top 15 market. But it's been literally 3 months+ since I've began the interview process with them and they're just dangling me along right now which is fine because I know the process takes time but damn, it's taking a while.

Oh well. I've moved on to applying to real estate and some other 'out-of-degree' career options. Which also kind of stinks BUT it's always good to have other skills under your belt, right?

Overall, I've been trying to think of ways to make and income for myself and how to continue with the skills that I have now and apply them to possible work for me. So, here comes the plan. (this is also after a lot of comments from my followers, so thanks for helping me get here!)

I want to start a blog and a video blog or vlog. I'll make it as much about weather as I can (and as I want) but it's going to be a mix of educational and personal. I'm also just going to start a Youtube Channel and just update normal life events and what not or maybe start a fun weather series (thoughts?). Ultimately, I'm going to start documenting everything I think is cool and worth it and see if I can get enough content and skills to be able to get picked up by a company. Sounds fun to me and with what I have going on right now, might as well try something new.

The time to start something new is NOW. Since I have so much free time recently - I'm going to go travel. We leave very soon for a month long excursion to Australia and New Zealand!! We're stopping in Sydney, Melbourne, Wellington and Auckland (and a bunch of places in between)! I am so excited to go on this journey and I can't wait to document everything I can. We (Robbie, my partner, and I) are so fortunate to be able to do this. We have the whole trip purchased and everything, with the exception of a few minor details, it's all worked out!

So here's the thing. I've been talking a lot of talk lately and am having a hard time committing to anything. Some of it is nerves, some of it is pure laziness, some of it is pressure of the unknown. Which brings me to my next topic. I started a GoFundMe. Not because I'm in dyer need of money but because I need the pressure to actually do something worth while that will hopefully have long term effects (also, it will allow us to do more fun stuff while I'm away). Even as I write this, I hesitate to advertise this GoFundMe - but we're just going to have to go for it. So here it is: Andy's GoFundMe. Thank you thank you thank you if you donate.

My promise to me is that I will continuously update and produce hopefully what you want to see. We'll see how it goes but it's going to be very transparent. :D It's a promise to me because I need to do it and get it done. It's a promise to you too but I need the push right now. haha

What also is going to be changing is my facebook. I'm going to my name to Andy Clayton which is what my name away from TV has always been. This change comes in a rebranding move but also in a move that is freeing. TV never let me showcase what I truly wanted and I've had to hesitate with a lot of my posts but with this - comes great independence.

My instagram is also going to be opened up and I would LOVE it if you would follow me and help support that cause as well. ANDY'S INSTA. With blogging and vlogging and youtube series and what not. Social media is the way for me to get some good reach and views. So, I also hope you will help share my posts and photos and what not and help me along this journey some more. Facebook and Insta will be my main areas to post but I'll be on twitter as well. Look for Andy Clayton eventually but I haven't changed it yet.

That's all for now. Need to break up the time and go document what I'm doing now! (Which is staying at a modified and updated yurt on a mountain near Salida, CO - talk about cool....)

Thanks everyone,

Love ya.

Andy



Comments

  1. I'm so very happy for you. I cant feel the joy of heading into the semi unknown in your writings. I'll be following along

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts